Whether you are playing golf for fun or you are a professional golfer, there are some important things you need to possess, such as golfing equipment. You probably already know that having good equipment is quite important and that it has a great influence on the game and its outcome.
Moreover, having the right piece of equipment supports the success of your game by increasing your skills. That particular tool which plays the major and most important role in golf is the rangefinder.
Golf rangefinders are the player’s best friend of the field, ensuring he sees everything and helping him perform every shot. There are a lot of models on the market to choose from but it can be quite difficult to choose not being sure which one is the right one for you.
When looking for a golf rangefinder, there are three main factors you should consider, such as the rangefinder’s features, performance, and price. All of these three depends on you, and what you want from the rangefinder.
One of the models which has a great performance, great features, and great price, is Nikon Coolshot 20.
What makes it a great choice?
We truly believe that this golf rangefinder is a great choice because of its amazing features.
To begin with, as its name tells itself, this product comes from Nikon, known as the world leader in optics and a company which develops the laser rangefinder technology.
Having incorporated this powerful technology makes Coolshot 20 a really powerful measurement tool. It measures the distance to any object at up to 550 yards, within +/-1 yard, very quickly and precisely.
Another great feature is that it is equipped with multilayer coatings with 6x magnification, which provide higher light transmittance and minimize the loss of light, thus providing a more natural and clearer view.
What we really love about this model is that it not only gives you precise measurements to the flag, but it also measures the distance to trees, hazards, mounds, as well as other objects that stand on the course. Knowing these things is of great importance for every player so that he can avoid them and choose the best shot option which will lead to a successful shot.
Coolshot 20 has several scanning modes:
- First Target Priority Mode – measures and shows to you the distance to the closest object. It is extremely helpful when you need to measure the distance to the flag on a green, with woods in the background.
- Continuous Scan Mode – measures the distance to multiple or small objects, providing you with the exact distance to pins, trees, hazards, and mounds. To activate the 8-Second continuous scanning, you just need to push the power button.
- Tee Shot with Dogleg Corner – Dogleg corners make the measuring of distances difficult. That’s why this mode measures the distance to a tree which is in front of the corner, and then the distance to the woods, to get the distance to the center of the fairway.
- Second Shot with a Hazard – When there is a pond or a bunker in front of the green, this mode measures the distance to the edge of the green and the distance to the hazard, so you know where and how to shoot.
- Approach Shot – measures points, such bunkers, the front or the back of green, and flags, to determine the right approach of every hole.
- It is in accordance with USGA Local Rule 14-3 for tournament play
- It uses advanced optical technology which provides bright, clear and high-contrast images
- It has eyeglass-friendly long eye relief design
- It has focusing diopter for tack-sharp image
- It has 6-degree angular field of view
- Its diopter can be adjusted to +/-4 degrees
- It’s weatherproof – thanks to the materials and technology used in this model, you can use it all the time, no matter the weather. It has wide temperature tolerance and it’s rainproof, so don’t worry about its resistance.
- Weighs only 4.4 ounces
- It has a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
I think that now you understand why Nikon Coolshot 20 is a great choice. Having so many awesome features makes it a premium, high-quality product with great performance. The combination of speed, accuracy, and optical quality, sharpens your golfing skills and improves your game.
Additionally, being so compact and lightweight, make it easy to store and take with you anywhere, so there is no reason why not to give it a try. Don’t you think so?
Read Our Reviews of Other Nikon Rangefinder Models: